Bristle Blaster Pneumatic
Bristle Blaster® Pneumatic is a lightweight, air-cooled tool with minimal operator fatigue and blowing-off feature of corrosion and coating residues. The tool has ATEX certification for use in a potentially explosive environment.
Bristle Blasting technology simultaneously removes corrosion and generates anchor profile. The bristle tips are designed to strike the corroded surface with kinetic energy that is equivalent to standard processes that use grit blast media.
Immediately after the bristle tips strike the surface, they retract (“rebound”) from the surface, which results in both corrosion removal and micro-indentation that exposes fresh surface. Consequently, surfaces that have been treated by Bristle Blasting have a texture and visual cleanliness that mimics those obtained by traditional grit blasting processes.
- Removes corrosion, coatings, mill scale and other contaminants – without removing healthy material.
- Generates anchor profiles 40 – 120 µm Rz also on weld seams, edges, around bolts and on surface irregularities.
- Cleans surfaces to Sa 2½ – Sa 3 (according to ISO 8501-1).
- Restores corroded and pitted surfaces to near-white metal or white metal appearance – no grinding or polishing.
- No vibration or jumping – reducing operating fatigue.
- Approved according to standard ATEX II 2G c IIA T4 X for use in potentially explosive environment, zone 1
- Generates compressive residual stress for crack growth resistance, improved life and improved corrosion resistance.
- Cleans and profiles with long lasting, safe Bristle Blaster Belts – eliminating the need for costly abrasive blast equipment.
- No paint damage to OEM paint surfaces.
- No surface damage on metal, glass, fiberglass or hard wood.
- No heat damage or smearing on substrate.
- Minimal adhesive residue – can be easily removed with suitable solvent.
- Fast, easy operation – cuts labour by more than 60%.